FEAR IS ONLY TEMPORARY. REGRETS LAST FOREVER.
I have finished the part of my current RTW (round the world) trip that encompassed Balkan-region countries that I had not visited yet. An overview can be found on my travel-map, simply click the markers. The nicest pics I have summarized in this album.
The next destinations are intended to be (Oct. 2019 – Dec. 2019):
- Caucasia for 2 weeks (CW41+42): Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan
- Iran for 2 weeks(CW43-45)
- Central Asia for 2 weeks (CW45-47): Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan
- Ethiopia for about 3 weeks (CW47-50)
You may find these also on my map as future destinations. The visa for Turkmenistan will be the bottleneck. It seems hard to get.
Planned destinations thereafter, after a short Christmas break in Germany, are (Dec. 2019 – Feb. 2020):
- Hong Kong and Macau (some days, CW01)
- Taiwan (appr. 2 weeks, CW01-03)
- Philippines (2 to 3 weeks, CW04-06)
- Currently investigating if Bhutan is feasible, especially financially (1 week)
- Sri Lanka (2 weeks, CW06-08)
- Maldives (1 week, CW08-09)
I suppose this is subject to quite a bit of change. The only thing sure is that I fly to Hong Kong and finish off with Sri Lanka and Maldives. After a very brief stop-over in Germany following this leg of the trip, I will be off to South-Africa to visit some countries in the vicinity. This may include (Mar. 2020 – Sometime in 2020):
- Lesotho (CW10)
- Eswatini (CW11)
- Madagascar (CW13-15)
- Maybe Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, or some of these countries (CW16-18)
- Botswana (CW19)
- Namibia (CW20-21)
Currently, I am looking into the possibility to travel some West-African countries thereafter. Below are the countries I have already visited (in no specific order), in bold where I have worked and lived:
|10||Suomi- Fin.||35||Northern Ireland||60||Turkey||85||Belarus|